Forums
Page
of 2

Important Skyblock Update/Reset proposal thread

11 replies
ummobear Manager
HarmoniCraft Fanboy/Fangirl
LEVEL 5
We've been discussing the idea of updating and maybe resetting skyblock a lot recently, although it's technically one of the newest games on the server (about 3 years old :p) it's the only game that has never been reset. This means that new players have no chance of getting to the top, and old players find the game way too easy, it's not a lot of fun for anybody.

I would like to quickly say that I don't want gamemodes to reset often (if at all), I just think skyblock is currently unfair and unbalanced and needs to be re-done. (Just the same as Towny and Factions were back in early 2017 when they got reset)

Also I'm aware we need to be extremely careful when updating skyblock, last time we reset factions it didn't go too well, I'll do my best to avoid making the same mistakes again. (Those mistakes include super competitive gameplay, too easy/too hard, too p2w/not enough donator perks, etc.)

Here is the list of possible changes I've come up with, if you have anything to say about these or have other suggestions of your own please reply to this thread. (You could use the Discord server if you want, but it's easier to keep up with what people do and don't want here)

• Resetting Skyblock
    I think this would be the best thing for the game currently, as I said it's dominated by overpowered players who have played for years, and new players can't compete.
  • Adding the Nether
    This would be a seperate island that you can only access by making a nether portal on your island. It would have different gameplay mechanics, and give different opportunities for farms. (For example: skeleton spawners would also spawn wither skeletons, Nether wart would grow faster, etc)
  • Removing Kit Treasure
    This is pretty self-explanatory, kit treasure is too overpowered and removes a lot of the challenge of skyblock. (Everyone who bought it would get a refund of 7500 notes.)
  • Completely re-making the skyblock shop
    The shop would be seperate from the shop in Towny and Factions, and instead only sell things you can't get though vanilla skyblock. (Things that can't be generated, things from dimentions you can't enter, things to get your farms started)
    This would also make community shops and farms much more important, likely things like mob drops, cactus, netherwart, and of course ores would be worth a lot more.
  • New spawn and starting islands
    This would just make skyblock a little more interesting for when you first start, possibly making gameplay slightly different depending on what starting island you choose? (For example: slightly rewarding players who choose to start with harder islands)
  • Rewards for leveling up your island
    These could be hard to obtain items or just notes, crates or money. This would just give more insentive to continue playing.
  • Changing how much different blocks affect your island level
    Spawners should be worth a lot more, and some blocks should be worth a lot less island level.

That is pretty much the list so far, I think these things alone would go a long way to make the game more enjoyable for everyone, but if you have any more suggestions as I said previously please leave them in this thread.
Reset Skyblock
4 votes
66.7%
Don't reset Skyblock
0 votes
0%
-------------------
1 vote
16.7%
I like the suggested changes
1 vote
16.7%
I don't like the suggested changes (Please specify why so we can impove them)
0 votes
0%
Number of voters: 6
Posted Nov 2, 18 · OP · Last edited Nov 2, 18
Good Contr...
List
Undo
LEVEL 5
wrote:
wrote:
Would it be easier to refund or make a replacement?
Both are just as easy, but for a refund, as Arch says, we'd have to think of a kit that is nowhere near as OP as kit treasure but that's also worth 7.5k notes.
Now that I'm thinking about it, yeah, it would be pretty easy. We wouldn't be able to "auto" refund anyone with the kit out of the box, but I can think of a few ways to create a system for it.

Considering the price difference of some 6000+ notes between Barbarian and Treasure, I can understand wanting to be refunded for those notes or be given a replacement. If refunded though, partial would probably be for the best though, as I'm sure a lot of people bought the kit to use it (including the likes of me).
0PrbuJL.gif
Posted Nov 6, 18
Good Contr...
List
Undo
LEVEL 5
Well, it happened! :d
Heya! I'm Scooperino. I've been a member of HarmoniCraft since June 13th, 2015. Here's an overview of my rank history:

Server Partner - 6.29.17 - Current
Discord Server Developer - 1.22.17 - Current
Helper - 7.10.16 - 6.29.17
Titan - 6.16.16 - Current
Posted Jan 1, 19
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices